Walker Brothers Store

  1. 1

          The Walker Brothers Store was purchased by James T., Daniel H., and Ephraim Walker in 1891, serving the needs of a relatively scattered community for several years. The first telephone line was installed at the store in 1901, for $300, allowing a line from Hooper to be connected. This phone line allowed people from miles around to come and leave messages. James T.'s two young daughters, Mattie and Golda, took and delivered these messages to their recipients.