The City Council held their regular business meeting on February 14, 2023, with lots of love for the city of course (Valentines’ Day). Here are some of the significant actions taken at the meeting:
- Approved a memorandum of understanding with Lime to allow Lime bikes and scooters in the city.
- Approved a zoning amendment for the property at 3176 W. 1700 S., changing it from A-1 Agricultural to General Commercial zoning.
- Authorized the execution of an inter-local cooperation agreement for the North Davis Metro SWAT Team.
- Awarded the Marilyn Acres Phase 6 utility infrastructure improvement contract to Leon Poulsen company.
- Amended the city code, adjusting and adding regulations for non-gravity sewer systems.
- Adopted a new communications policy for the city.
- Awarded the architectural and engineering services contract for the design of Fire Station 32 to Galloway.
- The Council also discussed several items, which can be viewed on the City’s website. syracuseut.gov/AgendaCenter
The next City Council meetings are scheduled to be held on March 14th and March 28th at 6 p.m. at City Hall. Residents may attend in person, via Zoom, or may watch online via Youtube.
Stay informed about City Council meetings and agendas by subscribing to the City’s Notify Me list here: syracuseut.gov/list.aspx
BE A PART OF MEETINGS
The city council normally meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Meetings are being held in person and are also available on Zoom and YouTube. Public comment is welcome.