The City Council held their regular business meeting on April 11, 2023. Here are some of the significant actions taken at the meeting:
- Authorized the police department to surplus one of the Police Service Dogs with the intention to go to another agency.
- Adopted an amended city ordinance to reference sewer regulations for land use applications.
- Amended the zoning of a property located at 2500 West and SR 193 from A-1 Agriculture to Industrial.
- Approved updated engineering standards for the construction of public infrastructure such as roads, water, and sewer.
- Awarded a road improvement contract to Staker & Parson for work to be done in the Cottages Subdivision, generally between Dallas Street and 1350 South.
- Passed a resolution outlining regulations for the 2023 irrigation season.
- The Council also discussed other items which can be viewed on the City’s website: syracuseut.gov/AgendaCenter.
The next regularly scheduled City Council meetings are to be held on May 9th and May 23rd at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
BE A PART OF MEETINGS
Residents may attend in person, via Zoom, or may watch online via YouTube. Stay informed about City Council meetings and agendas by subscribing to the City’s Notify Me list here: syracuseut.gov/list.aspx.